Tuesday 25 November 2008

Models complexion

With the advent and proliferation of new digital photographic technology a strange twist seems to have arisen in the minds of mainly new photographic models. There is a tendency for these new models to expect the photographer to enhance their normal skin condition to make it look in better condition than it is in reality.
I have often come across models either go-sees or at a casting who state very openly “I know my skin is not good but you can change that with Photoshop (© Adobe) to make it look better”. My short answer to this is “no”.
As a photographer I expect a model to pay attention to their total appearance in the same way as I make sure my cameras are in good working order. It is just part of the job.
So this is a message to all the new models, please take care of your complexion and general appearance. Remember it is an item that may make or break you as a model